Head of YTH and Southampton Youth Minster Vacancy
- Are you passionate about reaching young people and inspiring them to follow Jesus?
- Do you want to equip and release the next-generation to impact the world around them?
- Can you build upon our already fast-growing youth ministry and lead our Youth Minster to support youth ministry across the city?
If so, we have an incredible opportunity for you as Head of YTH and Leader of Southampton Youth Minster at Highfield Church.
We are a thriving evangelical and charismatic Anglican Church. We’re passionate about encountering God, growing together and seeking the kingdom. In terms of Highfield YTH, our overall vision is expressed as reaching young people across Southampton, raising them up as followers of Jesus and releasing them as influencers of culture.
As Head of YTH, you will lead our existing, exciting YTH ministry forward. You will be building on strong foundations with as many as 100 engaged on a Friday YTH night and 40 at our Sunday YTH CHRCH service, and a great team of volunteers. Following our growth and innovation over recent years in YTH CHRCH and Youth Fest, we have been invited to be a pilot church for New Wine’s Youth Minster scheme – the Head of YTH will have a significant role in taking this forward for us across the city as the leader of Southampton’s Youth Minster, working with youth groups from up to eight other churches at Youth Fest.
Let’s break down some areas:
Reach - Reach out to young people across Southampton through school outreach, digital media, and partnerships with organisations like Young Life.
Raise - Develop young people in their faith and discipleship through small groups on a Friday YTH night, mentoring and through worship, teaching, and ministry times in our Sunday YTH CHRCH services.
Release - Empower young people to share their faith confidently with others. Cultivate their gifts and leadership abilities. Facilitate their integration into other churches when they go to university. Continue YTH CHRCH as an expression of church that is innovative and disruptive, whilst being authentically Christian within youth culture.
Resource – As the leader of our Youth Minster, support the growth of youth ministry in other churches, for example through video small group materials, youth worship nights, building relationships with other youth leaders and collaborating on our citywide Youth Fest.
For you to be right for the role we have, we need you to:
- Have experience of Christian youth work in a leadership capacity (either church-based or detached)
- Have experience of volunteering in church-based youth ministry
- Have a heart to encourage other churches in their youth work
- Be willing to engage personally in our church discipleship process of encountering God, growing together and seeking the kingdom, in turn modelling it to others
- Be warm and approachable
- Be an encourager and motivator - particularly of young people and volunteers
- Be able to organise and administer a complex area of responsibility
- Be self-motivated to work independently as well as work well in a team
- Have a willingness to step outside of your comfort zone
For us to be right for you, your personal Christian faith should be consistent with those of Highfield Church – we want you to be happy and settled within our large, friendly staff team and church community.
We’re offering a salary in the range of £27,000 to £29,000 per annum (depending on experience) as well as a 9% contributory pension scheme, great holiday allowance and relevant training and development opportunities. This role is 40 hours per week, on a flexible working pattern - it will include varied daytime, evening and Sunday hours, with two clear days off every week.
Click here for full details on this position including the Person Specification and Job Description. An application pack can be downloaded here or you can send your CV along with a cover letter explaining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please contact Highfield Church Office on 023 8055 8234.
This role is only open to individuals with the current right to work in the UK.
The closing date for applications is 23:59 on 6th September 2023
Interviews will be held on 15th to 17th September 2023 (the final day is optional to allow a visit to YTH CHRCH)
Highfield Church is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All post holders and volunteers are expected to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to acceptable pre-appointment checks, and where appropriate includes a satisfactory Enhanced DBS Check. Click here to read our safeguarding policy.