Love your Neighbour
Published on Thursday, 26 March 2020 00:00
Here are some ideas and links to resources to help you reach out to your neighbours this season:
● Pray daily/regularly for each household on your street
● Offer to help your neighbours by completing this letter *
● Join/suggest a WhatsApp group chat for households on your street (N.B. joining or setting up a group chat means your phone number will be visible to all those in the group)
● Support Basics Bank Volunteer Appeal
● Pray and, if possible, sign up to join Communicare's team of volunteers
● Sign up to be an NHS Volunteer Responder
N.B. If a neighbour requests help, please always make sure that the task(s) are appropriate and safe for you to complete. Remember that Coronavirus is contagious. Take every precaution to ensure you are spreading only kindness. Wash your hands regularly, avoid physical contact (2m distance), and leave items on doorsteps then phone to say you are outside (standing 2m away) or have delivered them, rather than knocking on the door.
* If you cannot meet your neighbour’s help requests for any reason (e.g. your household needs to self-isolate or you are vulnerable yourself and therefore at increased risk of Coronavirus), Highfield Church can help instead. Your neighbour can request our help by getting in contact via the email or phone number in this letter.
Vulnerable adults can find information to help keep safe if they are offered support whilst self isolating via the diocese's safeguarding resources webpage.